58. Life and Death

One of the best lines from
one of the best movies ever...
"Every man dies... 
              ..not every man really lives."

For some reason today I am thinking much about my own mortality. I'm looking at life and questioning a lot of things, mostly about myself. I belief strongly in God and I have put my faith in Him. I know where I am going when I die. No, that is not the topic of today's ruminations. I'm wondering about what it is to really live

This morning I stumbled upon an interesting website that launched this whole line of thinking. It's called the Death Clock. According to it, I'll live to be 77. I laughed. I'm not sure what the criteria are that they use but I know we are not promised tomorrow.
My Death Clock PredictionBut it did get my mind going. I don't really have much to say today. Mostly I'm thinking and challenging you to do the same. If you do a search you'll come across many thought provoking questions that could truly cause you to pause and ponder. Here are 11 good ones that I've come across:
  1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
  2. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
  3. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
  4. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
  5. If not now, then when?
  6. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
  7. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
  8. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
  9. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
  10. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make them?
  11. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Go ahead. Start thinking. Evaluate yourself. Become better. LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment