50. Big Decisions. Life Changes.

Off I Go... (also a great song: click here)
Today, March 14, marks the halfway point of this journey to become a better man. In the last 50 days, I know that I have grown more than in the 5 months prior. As many of you know, the year that I had before beginning this project was extremely difficult. I'd been let down in more ways than I can name and at one point I lost all confidence in myself. That's part of what inspired all of this. I needed to prove to myself that I am better man than some were telling others. I also needed to prove to myself that I could become better than was. Today, halfway through the experiment, I see in the mirror a good man about to embark on another great adventure.

It seems fitting that today would be the day that I get confirmation on some big changes that are about to happen in my life. My friends, I'm preparing to once again pack up all of my belongings and drive across the country to a new home. There are a number of reasons that I'm going, but the simple answer boils down to this: despite any fears that I may have, I know that this is what is right.

After wrestling over it for some time, I have made a decision and taken care of the details. I got confirmation from my new landlord today. In a couple weeks time I'll be leaving Florida and moving to my new home in Kansas City. There are some great people out there that I'm looking forward to entering into community with.

Gift #50: The courage to make huge life changes. Changes that are needed.

My challenge to you: Is there anything that you know you need to do in your life? Don't make the decision lightly, but don't neglect a change that you should make. Don't put yourself in the way of becoming the person you are supposed to be. All I ask is that you seriously think about it. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment