9. To Do List - Stop Procrastinating

The clock I'm looking at currently reads 7:54pm. Thinking back on today, I have not accomplished nearly as much as I'd hoped to. In truth, this is an accurate statement for many days. I have a bad habit of procrastination. One suggestion I received for ways to improve myself was to develop a new habit. I figure I should attempt to develop one that will combat this bad habit at the same time. Gift Nine: the To Do List.

Personally, I've never put much value into making to do lists. I've tried before to implement this practice into and failed repeatedly. In all honestly though, that is probably my own fault, and I figure I should probably give it another shot. I looked around at some different people's thoughts on to do lists, and compiled this quick list of benefits:
  • Creates focus on what you need to accomplish that day
  • Provides the opportunity to prioritize your tasks
  • Allows you to see “like” tasks so you can work on them together/efficiently
  • Allows you to quickly get back on task when you have been interrupted
  • Clears your mind thereby making you feel calm and decreases stress
  • You won’t worry about forgetting an important task
  • Plus, who doesn't get a sense of satisfaction from crossing a task off a list?
The reasons for me to develop this habit seem pretty good. Starting tonight, I will spend a few minutes before going to sleep jotting down what I need to accomplish the next day.  Let's hope it goes well. What's on your to do list?

No comments:

Post a Comment