27. One Milkshake, Two Speakers & the Infinite Night Sky

This road has given solace more days that I remember.
Recently I've been busy. Very busy. I myself find this statement ironic given my status as an unemployed student. I spend nearly all of my time in front of a computer, and rarely venture out into the public realm. But the truth is, even though I sometimes beat myself up for it, I know that I've not been idle. It's just that my brain is the portion of my body that has taken the beating as of late. Mentally overwhelmed, I took the advice of a friend. Today I decided to treasure life's simple pleasures. I remembered the one thing that has always been calming to me. As soon as I got a chance, I was out the door.

For the time being I'm actually in my hometown. This provides an opportunity to me that I don't always have: access to one of my favorite spots on earth to just clear my head. So I jumped in my car, got a milkshake, and drove to Bayshore Boulevard in Tampa (pictured above, and yes it does look that beautiful).

You see, there are three things aside from God that make me truly feel at peace. The moon, the wind, and bodies of water. Driving down this road at night provides them all. Doing so with the windows down and stereo up has been a refuge of mine since the first night I could drive. [Tonight's milkshake was just an added bonus]

So that's today's gift: simple, personal joys. And I tell you what, coasting down the bay singing along to Josh and Ingrid brought me much joy! I'm pretty sure it gave some to those ladies jogging, too.

Here's my challenge for you: find something fun to do [alone] that you'll enjoy. And then go enjoy it!! If you wish, feel free to share it. I'd love to hear.

1 comment:

Heather said...

:) that is a really stunning spot! Soak it in!

Post a Comment