16. Starting Toward A Long Desired Goal

How little a thing can make us happy when we feel that we have earned it.                                                                                  - Mark Twain


Everyone has goals that they ignore. They usually come in the form of some desire that we don't take the time or energy to fulfill. We rationalize them away by telling ourselves that we don't really need to do them. The sad truth is: we really don't. They aren't essential. We can very easily run our course through life by doing just what we need to get by. But what is life without doing the things that we want to do? Gift 16 is to start working toward a goal I've had for awhile but have never really started - until now.

My goal? For sometime I have wanted to have my own website. Mostly just to see if I could do it. To have something that I made. Perhaps it's my version of creativity. This self improvement project has jump-started me in the direction of this goal. I'd like to move my this blog to my own domain, where I will have more control over it. But I've no idea how to do it. So today I started to research it and find out what all is involved. It's going to take me a little time to do, but I'm discovering that it really is just one small step at a time. Very do-able. The point is that I want to do it and the only thing that would stop me is myself. Well, not today my friends.

This topic gotten me thinking about how many people live mediocre lives. By that, I simply mean that many 'successful' people don't really achieve what they want to. This makes me sad, and I for one don't want to continue down that path. How about you? What's a goal that you want to start working toward today?

Update - I just found this video that compliments today's post very well:



A more interactive version of it can be found at EightPrinciples.com

1 comment:

Post a Comment