Intro - What is 99 Gifts?

Today (January 24, 2011) I spent much time in contemplation. While doing so, I suddenly realized that I am 25 years old and am not content with who I am. I am a good person, but like most I long to be better. And so I decided: For my birthday I want to be a better man.

I've learned from past experience that taking great steps to achieve this goal only ends in failure. Time for a different approach. I looked it up, and found out that there are 99 days until my next birthday. So, for the next 99 days, I am going to seek out one small thing to do each day that will lead to me being a better person. Since I know that many want the same for themselves, I've decided to share what I learn and experience on the way. I'm also sharing for my own benefit.

The goal is for each of these things to (1) be intentional and thought out, (2) make me a better person in a way that is somehow discernible to myself, and (3) be reasonable for anyone to duplicate if they so desire. Finding 99 things that fit this criteria will not be easy. Any and all suggestions are both welcome and requested.

Oh, and feel please free to join in with me. We can all be better people - we just need to get started. Remember:
"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." - Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment